With the increasing demand for green energy, several governments, NGOs, and even private organizations have started developing solar power plants.
The five types of solar trackers on the market are:
1) CPV: Concentrated Photovoltaic
2) Photovoltaic: Solar Photovoltaic
3) Solar Dish: Dish Solar Thermal Power System
4) Heliostats: Solar Power Tower System
5) Parabolic trough: Parabolic Trough Solar Collector
We have developed five different types of linear actuators suitable for a variety of solar trackers. The new series of product includes both heavy-duty and light-duty solar tracker actuators. With an extensive TVRO product design and manufacturing experience, our team has consistently delivered products with a stable and accurate performance at an affordable cost. As a solar tracking sub-system supplier, we would like to share a few flat panel solar tracking system installation tips.
Single Axis Linear Actuator Drive Solar Tracker:
How to Mount the Linear Actuator:
- A linear actuator is a motorized device responsible for moving the tracker in the East and West direction. The inner tube of the actuator slides in and out. Usually, the actuator packed and shipped in a completely retracted position.
- Do not allow the inner tube to unscrew while you are installing it as this will destroy the limit switch (motor stop) settings. However, you can run the actuator out a bit to make the module installation easier.
- Extend out the inner tube so that the tracker frame is nearly horizontal. Now, carefully lay the actuator on a table and place a long shafted screwdriver through the end eyelet to keep the inner tube from unscrewing.
- Mount the actuator on the supporting frame. Now remove the back of the motor cover and apply at least 12 V DC (or at the most 24 V DC) to the terminal strip. If you are in the field, you can “tap” the output of one module to use as your power supply.
- Connect positive to the top terminal (white motor wire) and negative to the lower adjacent terminal (red motor wire). Do not allow the inner tube to unscrew.
- Reversing the polarity to the terminal strip retracts the actuator. Make sure that the wire exiting the actuator faces up when you install the actuator.
For further details about the solar tracking actuator installation, please contact our sales department.